We are seeking interns that are:
• enthusiastic, creative and out of the box thinkers
• work well under pressure
• experience in patterns and sewing is a plus
• bilingual – English and Spanish even better but not required.
• fashion design, textile students or young professionals
• Computer literate in at least 3-4 of the following: Facebook, Twitter, Adobe Illustrator, Photshop and Indesign, Microsoft Word and Excel, WordPress platform , Dream Weaver, Google Docs and a little bit of Html.
• Pay strong attention to detail and ability to learn quickly and focus on priorities
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast paced and fun environment
• Have a can do attitude, be honest and sincere and passionate
Positions Break Down:
Interns will be doing all of the below with guidance and supervision from designer. We know as an intern it is important to learn as much as possible and the time allocated for all that learning is limited. We were interns too once upon a time in our careers, so we want to share our knowledge with you, while making some fabulous eco-friendly clothes in the process. This is an unpaid internship.
Internship 1 – Pattern Making and Draping
- Assist head designer in all levels of design and production of a collection of samples for a show.
- Copy original patterns for grading and sample making
- Copy patterns from draped pattern, adding all pattern maker’s marks and instructions.
- Write cutter’s must on Excel and by hand
- Basic pattern making/manipulating.
- Draping on dress form from a designer’s sketch
Internship 2 – Sample Making Intern
- Basic sample making, hems and finishes
- Some sample cutting and fabric consumption calculations
- Belts and Hats finisher for sales, adding lining and such
- preparing teck packs on excel and illustrator with sewing instructions for factories
- Preparing some basic teck packs and costing on excel
- Going to the Garment District in Manhattan to purchase trims and notions when needed.
- Ironing fabric, garment washing and testing for color fastness
- Assisting designer during fit sessions, taking notes and fit comments
Internship #3 Administrative, Organizing, Color Coding and Design.
- Create detailed and accurate flats on illustrator or by hand, for linesheets, factories and pattern makers to use. We prefer illustrator but if hand sketching is your thing we’d love
- update Google Calendar and Google Docs when needed
- answer emails, pertaining models, go sees, fabrics, trims and such
- follow up on fabric, trim and dye orders
- help with accessories and swag bag materials for the show
- order studio supplies when needed
- preferably have a laptop that can commute with you to our studio. If not we will provide.
- Help with color standard approval, and other trim and button sourcing tasks
- Help keep studio and office space organized and with at least chaos as possible
Internship # 4 Social media, Marketing and Sales Internship
This is the only internship that can be done from the candidate’s home on certain days if need be. As long as phone and Skype availability remain. This is the most computer based position we have available. Knowledge of Excel is absolutely necessary.Update Twitter feed at least 3 times a day, with what’s been happening at the studio in preparation for Fashion Week and any new press we have.Update Facebook Page and WordPress blog with original content from what’s been happening at the studio. Content will be provided by designer and you if the inspiration strikes you. Raise questions for readers and consumers and create discussions.
- Update Store List in Excel or Google Docs by researching stores we could sell too and contacting them for buyer information
- Update Possible Showrooms list by researching and following up on showroomzs around the world we are in contact with.
- Update lineheets with final wholesale and retail prices
- Update pricing sheets on Excel.
- Update important news on web site’s front page using Dreamweaver
- Update e-store with new merchandise for sale and descriptions.
- Answer any sales related emails when needed and scheduling sales related appointments to designers.